- Market researchers will confirm to all relevant national and international laws.
- Market researchers will behave ethically and will not do anything which might damage the reputation of market research.
- Market researchers will take special care when carrying out research among children and other vulnerable groups of the population.
- Respondents’ cooperation is voluntary and must be based on adequate, and not misleading, information about the general purpose and nature of the project when their agreement to participate is being obtained and all such statements must be honoured.
- The rights of respondent as private individuals will be respected by market researchers and they will not be harmed or disadvantaged as the result of cooperating in a market research project.
- Market researchers will never allow personal data they collect in a market research project to be used for any purpose other than market research.
- Market researchers will ensure that projects and activities are designed, carried out, reported and documented accurately, transparently, objectively and to appropriate quality.
- Market researchers will conform to the accepted principles of fair competition.